March 2009

Not much has been happening this month. As the competition season hasn't really kicked off, there really hasn't been much for us to attend. So to keep us all busy we have been training lots as described below, which of course we all enjoy so much. The neighbours must wonder what goes on in my garden!!! I had the contact trainer out to do a little and teach Holly contacts. It must have looked funny for the neighbours seeing a dog's head pop above the height of the fence.

Dre is doing very well, over a month now with no medication and he just keep getting better and better though he has moulted leaving him with hardly any coat, the vets say it could take up to a year for his coat to fully recover. His training is going very well, though he did forget some things whilst he was out of action, these are slowly coming back. He is so quick, everything has to be done at lightening speed, the dog walk I'm sure he only touches four times, (I daren't look). Dre really understands what is expected of him and is learning distance control quickly but always at his speed. I always feel as if I am chasing him round the course. I can't wait to start the season with him

Snoop has been busy with his training, he is get a lot quicker, I think he has been watching Dre, and as always Snoop really loves training and can not do enough to please.

Holly is settling in very well, she attends obedience weekly and is taking it all in her stride. It won't be long before she can be set loose in an agility class, though I am doing some one to one sessions with her just to put in some of the ground work, we have worked all the equipment at one point or another. Holly really does learn so fast and the best thing is she thinks agility is so much fun.

I have been spring cleaning our new caravan in preparation for the summer, I had the crew with me in the caravan, a couple of times during the day I found them all tucked up on the sofas sleeping together. In some photos you really have to look to see which dog it is, or where one dog finishes and another starts, proof I think that Holly has really settled in. but Ah how sweet they all look